The lending periods for items and their renewals are determined by the lending library. This varies with each item. If you intend to renew an interlibrary loan item, please keep in mind the following policies:
- Items may be renewed within 10 days before the due date
- Each loan is allowed ONE renewal
- Overdue items may not be renewed
- Renewals are set by the lending library and are not guaranteed
- Renewals are confirmed or denied via email typically within the next 1 to 3 business days
- If an item cannot be renewed and it is past the due date, it must be returned within 48 hours.
- Items will be invoiced to a patron's library account after the 3rd ILL overdue notice is sent. The patron will be responsible for the cost of the item if it is not returned.
To Request a Renewal
Please follow these steps:
- Log in to your ILLiad account
- Select 'View/Renew Checked Out Items
- Select the item you want to renew by clicking on the transaction number
- Click Renew Request at the top of the screen
- Or, contact the ILL office and we can submit your renewal request!
Please note: If the item says "No" in the Renewals Allowed? field, you will not be able to request a renewal and must return the item by the due date.